Calorie dense Mix For Optimum Topline, Muscle Tone & Stamina
- Supporting weight gain and conditioning thin horses or those with limited appetites
- Horses or ponies requiring an energy dense feed to support optimum body condition, muscle and topline development
- Horses and ponies requiring a blend of energy sources for power and stamina
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Includes EQUI-JEWEL® to increase the calorie density of the ration and to reduce the reliance on starch
- Highly digestible "Super-fibres" and oil for controlled, slow release energy and to support optimum digestive function
- Micronsied and extruded barley to supply quick-release energy for horses with laid back temperaments
- Alfalfa based with micronised soya beans & peas providing quality protein sources for muscle development
- Fully fortified with vitamins, minerals and trace elements
Feeding for condition can be costly, time consuming and stressful for owners so we are delighted to introduce the NEW Saracen Conditioning Mix which includes the incredibly effective EQUI-JEWEL®, a high-fat, rice bran supplement. By using EQUI-JEWEL® we are able to keep the formulation's starch content lower than traditional conditioning feeds, with the added benefit that rice bran is incredibly effective at supporting topline development.
Fluctuations in the quality of forage and cold, wet weather can all impact the horse’s energy demands. Some breeds/types of horses have poor appetites, are naturally poor doers and some stress the weight off. All of these factors contribute to our horses requiring more energy dense feeds.
For those looking for a conditioning ration high in digestible fibre and oil for slow release energy, but also looking for a ration that provides some cereals for quick-release energy, the NEW Saracen Conditioning Mix includes a blend of micronised and extruded barley as well as highly digestible “Super-fibres” and a high oil level. This balance of energy sources supports all-over body condition, muscle tone and stamina when used in conjunction with a suitable exercise programme. High quality protein sources included in the ration support muscle repair and development when fed in conjunction with a suitable exercise programme.
The EQUI-JEWEL® blended into the Saracen Conditioning Mix and Saracen Conditioning Cubes has been proven by Kentucky Equine Research (KER) in its superiority over vegetable oil in optimising stamina in the athletic horse through lower lactic acid levels, heart rates and subsequently, shorter recovery periods.
For further advice on feeding for condition, muscle and topline development, please click on the link below to view our factsheet.