LOW Glycemic STUD MIX
- Use as a foal creep feed
- Maintaining weanlings and yearlings, up to three year olds
- Backward foals, without compromising skeletal development
- Larger broodmares, particularly those that can get heavy through gestation, such as Arabians, Warmbloods and native pony breeds
- Lactating mares
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Stamm 30® is included in the Level-Grow™ formulations for nutrient continuity, and availability of significant minerals and vitamins
- Guaranteed macro and micro-nutrient supplementation
- Maintenance of normal skeletal development due to the high oil, high fibre, low starch formula and the low-glycemic response after feeding
- Balanced energy levels to encourage consistent daily weight gain, and steady growth rates
- Highly digestible energy sources to support milk production in lactating mares
- "Super-fibres" and high oil levels help promote optimum blood glucose levels
- Quality protein sources are included for optimum bone, muscle and tissue growth
- Bioplex trace elements promote strong bone development and assist with normal skeletal development
Level-Grow™ Mix uses a unique blend of ingredients for alternative energy sources that produce a minimal glycemic response after digestion. Consequently, after weaning, Level-Grow™ would be the sole concentrate given to young, growing horses up to the age of three to promote normal growth patterns and more manageable behaviour.
As the glycemic response of horses can be affected by the way their feed is formulated, using oil and fibre for energy rather than starch and sugar makes Level-Grow™ a 'softer', more forgiving feed. Backward foals can cope with the feed without compromising an immature skeleton, and mares that tend to carry too much condition during gestation respond well if they are maintained on Level-Grow™. The higher fibre levels suit larger mares that are inclined to get too heavy throughout pregnancy, and make it easier to control her bodyweight, particularly approaching foaling.
Stamm 30® a Stud Balancer formulated by Kentucky Equine Research is included in the Level-Grow™ formulations for nutrient continuity.
Designed to be fed like a conventional stud feed, Level-Grow™ is available in a mix or pencil form.
To read more about Feeding For Breeding click here for Lizzie Drury's factsheet on feeding broodmraes, youngstock and stallions