BONE MINERALISATION SUPPLEMENT
- Young horses in confinement, or on box rest due to injury
- Box rest horses, regardless of age
- Racehorses or foals recuperating from orthopaedic surgery
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- A special protein source stimulates bone collagen production, supporting bone density and maintaining bone area
- Helps maintain healthy bone metabolism, tissue, and structure in performance horses
- Supports bone quality at high-risk times, such as when young horses enter race training
- Supports bone health at times when bone can naturally demineralise - when limited or no turnout is available, including during box rest due to injury
- Provides specialised postsurgical nutritional support
DuraPlex® is proven to support optimal bone mineral density and bone area in both performance horses and growing horses. DuraPlex® is a proprietary blend of specific proteins, minerals and vitamins scientifically proven to support bone health during the natural process of bone demineralisation. These occur when access to free-choice exercise is restricted, such as when young horses enter a training environment, or during periods of total confinement in stables when box resting due to injury, or after surgery.
Studies at Kentucky Equine Research demonstrated positive changes in bone quality after just one month of supplementation. DuraPlex® supplementation was also shown to maintain bone health at times of demineralisation, which can be a naturally occurring episode.