PELLETED HIGH OIL RICE BRAN SUPPLEMENT
- Adding concentrated calories to a ration without excessive cereal intake
- Conditioning all types of horses and ponies, particularly "poor-doers", veterans, and horses with limited appetites
- Providing sustained, slow release energy for competition horses
- Preparing horses for the show & sales ring
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Extremely palatable, easy and convenient to use
- Highly digestible and efficiently utilised
- Adds calories to any ration without excessive cereal intake
- Moderate starch levels which will help avoid the behavioural & metabolic problems associated with feeding high cereal diets
- Supplies a highly palatable and digestible form of oil for outstanding coat gloss & skin condition
Equi-Jewel® is a pelleted high oil rice bran supplement, designed to increase the energy density (calories) of a ration. It can be added to boost calorie intake, or to replace part of the ration to reduce concentrate consumption. The high oil level is naturally occurring, making it very compatible for use alongside Stud Prep 14 or Level-Grow™. It is very effective at adding condition, muscle definition and topline.
During sales preparation, adding another form of supplemental oil to the diet can often be of benefit, both for the effect on the horse’s coat and for an additional boost in concentrated energy. Equi-Jewel® helps to give sales yearlings a sleek, well-toned look and an athletic outline. The fat in Equi-Jewel® is highly digestible, and is equally as digestible as corn oil, but in a more palatable, pelleted form. 500 grams (1 lb) of Equi-Jewel® contains the same amount of energy as 250 millilitres (1/2 pint) of oil.
Equi-Jewel® can supply reproductively active mares and stallions with added energy. Demands on the energy reserves of a mare are at there greatest during lactation, a life stage in which the mare must sustain milk production, adequate body condition and possibly foetal growth. Older mares can be particularly susceptible to weight loss, so their diets require concentrated energy sources. Anxious or over-active stallions can also benefit from this addition during the breeding season.