SPECIALIST RATION For icelandic horses
- Icelandic horses requiring a low intake maintenance feed to balance a forage based diet
- Icelandic horses requiring a low sugar and starch ration
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Low intake complete feed
- Emphasis on providing the energy from a variety of digestible "Super-Fibres" to help keep the starch and sugar levels low
- Additional energy is sourced from the low inclusion of micronized barley to help support the performance and recovery of Icelandic horses that are in regular work.
- High quality protein sources are used to help support cell renewal, tissue and muscle repair and to help encourage maintenance of topline and muscle definition
- A full spectrum of minerals to support vitality and immune status when fed a low intake
- Soya oil is added to help support skin, coat condition & shine, as well as stamina
- Fully fortified with key minerals from Kentucky Equine Research
- Includes a live yeast to help maintain optimum feed digestibility and the health of the hindgut by supporting normal gut flora health particularly during times of stress
- fixed formulation providing consistent nutritional quality
Traditional horse and pony feeds tend not to be suitable for Icelandic Horses due to the higher energy, starch and sugar levels together with higher minimum feeding rates. This significantly contributes towards excess body condition and increases the risk of health issues such as Laminitis. With this in mind Saracen Horse Feeds have formulated a specific feed that is suitable for Icelandic horses at maintenance through to light and medium work.It is low in sugar and starch but nutrient dense with respect to the levels of quality protein,vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
When fed alongside optimum levels of forage, Icelandic Horse Mix will provide a balanced ration and help to maintain optimum health, coat, skin and hoof condition, immune function and recovery post exercise.
The mix uses a variety of different energy sources, with the emphasis on using digestible "Super-Fibres" such as Oatfeed, Soya Hulls and Sugar Beet to provide a safe source of energy that is low in sugar and starch. These are combined with a low inclusion of micronized barley to help support those Icelandic Horses that are in a regular work programme and require a slightly higher energy level to support their work and recovery post training, when fed at the recommended intake.
The inclusion of Soya Oil and Linseed Meal helps to support stamina, as well as helping to maintain good skin and coat condition together with outstanding shine.
Horses that are fed on predominantly all forage rations and have lower concentrate feed requirements may have lower intakes of essential amino acids (Lysine and Methionine),the Icelandic Horse Mix has included high quality protein ingredients to ensure optimum provision of these essential amino acids. This helps to support cell renewal, tissue and muscle repair post exercise.
There is a full spectrum of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants included to maintain health and vitality and yeast to support optimum fibre utilization and digestive health when fed at lower feed intakes compared to mixes and cubes that are formulated for other breeds of horses and ponies.