DIGESTIVE HEALTH SUPPLEMENT
- Any horse or pony to help maintain normal digestive efficiency
- Horses and ponies maintained on a predominantly forage based ration
- Lactating mares to help maintain optimum milk quality and immune transfer to suckling foals
- Young growing horses to support normal growth patterns and weight gain
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Increased fibre digestion resulting in better feed utilization
- Helps support a normal hindgut pH which minimizes hindgut dysfunction
- Decreased lactic acid concentration in the hindgut to help maintain and optimise appetite and maintain normal feed intake patterns
- Optimal diet utilization helping to maintain ideal body condition score
- One 10 gram daily allowance supplies 25 billion live yeast cells helping to competively exclude non-beneficial bacteria.
Yea-Sacc is a totally natural product and is described as a highly concentrated viable yeast culture based on the Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain 1026. This live yeast culture has generated more research in the UK and worldwide than any other product of its kind.
The aim of supplementation with yeast culture is to transfer viable populations of yeast to the site of digestion thus stimulating the microbial population already present. Diets supplemented with yeast stimulate the cellulytic bacteria and micro fungi in the hindgut resulting in optimised fibre digestion and energy extraction. The pH of the hindgut is also very important in the development and maintenance of cellulytic activity and rapid changes in pH can lead to the proliferation of microbial populations with a lower efficiency of utilization of dietary fibre. Yea-Sacc helps to maintain a stable environment in the hindgut to ensure good levels of fibre-digesting bacteria. Research has shown that Yea-Sacc aids protein digestion, and phosphorous and calcium absorption, all important for the nutrition of the young growing horse, lactating mare and the exercising horse.