Bone Mineralisation Support
- Young horses in confinement, or on box rest due to injury
- All box resting horses, regardless of age
- Racehorses or foals and yearlings recuperating from orthopedic surgery
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- A special protein source for bone collagen production, supporting bone density and maintaining bone area
- Helps maintain healthy bone metabolism, tissue, and structure in performance horses
- Supports bone quality at high-risk times, such as when young horses enter race training
- Supports bone health at times when bone can naturally demineralise - when limited or no turnout is available, including during box rest due to injury
- Provides specialised postsurgical nutritional support
- Pack size 4KG
- Data sheet Download data sheet
DuraPlex® is proven to support optimal bone mineral density and bone area in both performance horses and growing horses. DuraPlex® is a proprietary blend of specific proteins, minerals and vitamins scientifically proven to support bone health during the natural process of bone demineralisation. These occur when access to free-choice exercise is restricted, such as when young horses enter a training environment, or during periods of total confinement in stables when box resting due to injury, or as specialist post-surgical nutritional support. DuraPlex supplementation helps to lessen that loss.
Studies at Kentucky Equine Research demonstrated positive changes in bone quality after just one month of supplementation. DuraPlex® supplementation was also shown to maintain bone health at times of demineralisation, which can be a naturally occurring episode.
- Dried Whey Protein Concentrate
- Calcium Carbonate
- Monosodium Phosphate
- Magnesium Oxide
|Calcium||10,000 mg per 120g|
|Phosphorus||5,000 mg per 120g|
|Magnesium||2,000 mg per 120g|
|Copper||60 mg per 120g|
|Zinc||120 mg per 120g|
|Manganese||100 mg per 120g|
|Vitamin A||5,000 iu per 120g|
|Vitamin D||4,000 iu per 120g|
The feeding rates are offered as a guideline. If you would like to discuss your horse's individual requirements, please contact a member of our Nutrition Team on 01622 718487 or call the Thoroughbred Office on 01488 73456.
|Feed||Level of Support Required||Frequency|
|60 g||Optimal Bone Health||Daily|
|120 g||Additional Support||Daily|
|For further information on feeding rates, please contact our Nutrition Team on 01622 718487|
Top-dress on feed. For best results, divide evenly between feeds.
Average Serving size: 60 g (30 g scoop included)
Container size: 4 kg (66 servings)
Other specialist products
Find a stockist nearby
Enter your postcode to find your nearest stockist to enquire about this product.
For Information on how to purchase this product, please get in touch with a member of our team.
Keep up-to-date with all of our news & offers. Sign up to our newsletter here