Saracen Horse Feeds’ range of specialist thoroughbred racing feeds has been developed through an exclusive partnership with Hallway Feeds, based in Lexington, Kentucky, since April 2000. Hallway Feeds is the Official Feed Supplier to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, and their remarkable record of success for well over 30 years means that Hallway have fuelled 15 Kentucky Derby winners in the last 26 runnings of the race, numerous Breeders’ Cup Champions, copious Eclipse Award winners and the two recent Triple Crown heroes, American Pharoah and Justify.
Both Saracen Horse Feeds and Hallway Feeds are Brand Partners with Kentucky Equine Research, World Leaders in Equine Research and Nutrition with research centres in Lexington, Kentucky and Ocala, Florida. Kentucky Equine Research is the most prolific independent equine researcher in the world, entirely committed to the advancement of athletic performance through nutrition. Kentucky Equine Research provides us both with a comprehensive consultation programme tailored to fit our individual needs, and the scientific knowledge, back-up and credibility necessary for us to produce competitive, cutting-edge feeds at our own feed mill for European and international trainers.
Together, we are dedicated to thoroughbred racing, and we can offer highly technical expertise and ground-breaking science and technology alongside the quality ingredients and novel sources of nutrients found in our specialist racing feeds.
We are very lucky to work with trainers who have achieved domestic and international success at the highest level over the last 25 years, and our services can be tailored, as required, to suit the needs of your yard.
Here are some of the services we make available as part of your support network -
A Nutritional Review
- The analysis of feeds, forages and supplements currently in use at the yard for nutritional contribution, performance related benefits and cost of feeding across a season by our own team of Registered Nutritionists, with the backing of our research partners at Kentucky Equine Research and the use of KER's Microsteed programme
- Specific recommendations and advice for targeted nutrition will be given for horses with individual requirements including those with recurrent tying-up, gastric ulcers, colic, poor appetite, bleeding or general poor performance
- Regular contact and on-going support on a case-by-case basis for horses throughout the season, as needs arise (youngsters through to older horses)
- Analysis of forages, as required
- A dedicated Thoroughbred office to personally organise your orders and deliveries
- BETA NOPS Testing at LGC’s laboratories near Newmarket
- A global approach to racing feed availability - wherever your season takes you, we can accommodate your feed requirements as Race 13 is available in 30 countries
- Direct access to the current scientific research carried out by the technical staff at KER's facilities in Kentucky and Florida
Our team is here to offer scientific help, technical support and practical guidance any time it is needed.