Suitable for horses & ponies prone to gastric ulcers
- Competition Horses and ponies in moderate to hard work
- Competition Horses that are good doers
- Competition Horses and ponies with limited appetites
- Horses prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- High quality protein sources to provide optimum levels of essential amino acids to support cell renewal, tissue and muscle repair
- Contains a small inclusion of micronized maize to support glycogen replacement post exercise and help to delay the onset of fatigue
- Chelated minerals to support health, vitality, and immune status, particularly for those horses that are regularly travelling and competing
- Optimum levels of antioxidants to support muscle function and recovery
- Includes the recommended level of live yeast and Acid Buf that has been proven to help maintain an optimum environment in the stomach and digestive tract.
Competition Fit Balancer is a highly nutritious, low intake performance balancer in the unique form of a mix, which includes a variety of micronised cereals, digestible super fibres and optimum levels live yeast and acid buf to allow performance horses to train, compete and recover throughout the season. Especially useful for fussy horses and those prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome.
It contains quality sources of protein to ensure a supply of essential amino acids to help support muscle development, cell renewal, tissue, and muscle repair and to replenish nitrogen that is lost through sweat. Whilst the highly digestible fibres support and encourage a healthy digestive system and microflora balance in the hindgut, as well as helping to encourage water intake and water retention in the hindgut to maintain hydration.
The inclusion of a variety of micronised cereals not only help to support additional palatability but also help to ensure that muscle glycogen and energy reserve stores are not depleted, thus supporting optimum recovery rates post exercise, and reducing the onset of early fatigue.
Competition Fit Balancer is flavoured with spearmint and has an added herb pack to keep tempting the appetites of performance horses that may “back off’ the manager and therefore miss out on optimal intakes of quality protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants during the season.
Live yeast and Acid Buf have been incorperated into the formulation as recent feed trials have proven that they have helped to support the optimum environment of the stomach and help manage those horses with compromised digestive function. The use of a live yeast has also been shown to help support feed and forage digestibility and maintaining a stable gut flora populations during times of stress.