TIME RELEASED HINDGUT BUFFER
- Horses fed high starch / cereal-based diets
- Horses sensitive to changes in forage / grazing
- Horses showing signs of digestive upset or loose droppings that may have a strong smell
- Horses that are prone to colic
- Horses that don’t maintain weight well, or have a poor appetite
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Time released hindgut buffer proven to reach the target organ
- Helps to maintain a normal hindgut environment and digestive function
- Stabilises hindgut pH to reduce the risk of hindgut disturbance
- Encapsulated sodium bicarbonate to ensure it is released slowly as it travels through the digestive tract
- Supports digestive health and may improve feed efficiency
- Data sheet Download data sheet
EquiShure is an encapsulated form of sodium bicarbonate which is designed to directly target the hindgut of the horse. This hindgut supplement is suitable for horses showing signs of altered digestive function and those which have been diagnosed with hindgut acidosis. When horses are fed high starch rations or may consume high quantities of sugar from rich grazing, the pH of the hindgut decreases, and fibre digesting bacteria are inhibited. This decrease in pH creates an unfavourable environment for the microorganisms in the hindgut which in turn impacts on digestive and hindgut function. The unique time release mechanism has been shown to support stable hindgut pH through a targeted release of sodium bicarbonate directly into the hindgut.
Horses that are on high starch diets or those that are sensitive to high sugar levels i.e. in lush grazing, have an increased risk of hindgut disturbance and development of hindgut acidosis. A sign of impaired hindgut function can be loss of appetite or development of ‘fussiness’ towards feed. In these cases, supplementing the diet with EquiShure can help to stabilise hindgut pH and support digestive function.
Research has shown that supplementing the diet with EquiShure led to reduced faecal pH levels demonstrating that EquiShure can maintain gut balance and support a normal hindgut environment. Signs of abnormal hindgut function can include loss of appetite, change in droppings or digestive function, changes to normal behaviour, poor weight maintenance, poor coat appearance and development or expression of stereotypical behaviours, such as wood chewing.
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
|Crude Fats and Oils||35%|
The feeding rates are offered as a guideline, if you would like to discuss your horse's individual requirements please contact a member of our nutritional team on 01622 718487.
Top-dress EquiShure® on feed. Feed 30 to 180 g daily according to the horse’s size and risk levels. Use the table below to determine the recommended daily amount based on the horse’s cereal intake, forage source, and weight. For best results, divide the amount equally among feeds.
*Change of feed or forage; periods of transitional, lush or stressed pasture such as spring or autumn
Serving size: 60 g (30-g scoop included)
Container sizes: 1.25 kg (20 servings), 3.6 kg (60 servings), 7.2 kg (120 servings), 18 kg (300 servings)
Other specialist products
Find a stockist nearby
Enter your postcode to find your nearest stockist to enquire about this product.
For Information on how to purchase this product, please get in touch with a member of our team.
Keep up-to-date with all of our news & offers. Sign up to our newsletter here