- Competition horses & ponies in moderate to hard work
- Competition horses & ponies that are good doers
- Competition horses & ponies with limited appetites
- Horses & ponies prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome
- Utilises a variety of energy sources to optimise power generation in a low intake feed
- Contains micronized maize to support glycogen replacement post-exercise and help to delay the onset of fatigue
- Optimum levels of antioxidants to support muscle function and recovery
- Includes the recommended level of live yeast and Acid Buf that has been proven to help maintain an optimum environment in the stomach and digestive tract.
- High quality protein sources to provide optimum levels of essential amino acids to support cell renewal, tissue and muscle repair
- Chelated minerals to support health, vitality and immune status particularly for those horses that are regularly travelling and competing
- Pack size 20KG
- Data sheet Download data sheet
COMPETITION-FIT-BALANCER is a highly nutritious, low intake performance balancer in the unique form of a mix. Being in mix form allows this balancer to provide a higher level of fibre and oil which support stamina, and the inclusion of micronised maize helps to provide a higher energy level when compared to traditional pelleted feed balancers. The blend of energy sources supports a controlled energy release helping to maintain a calm and trainable temperament.
COMPETITION-FIT-BALANCER contains quality sources of protein to ensure a supply of essential amino acids to help support muscle development, cell renewal, tissue, and muscle repair. "Super-Fibre" sources provide highly digestible fibre which supports and encourages a healthy digestive system and microflora balance in the hindgut, as well as helping to encourage water intake and water retention in the hindgut to maintain hydration.
Live yeast and Acid Buf support an optimum stomach environment and help manage those horses with compromised digestive function. The use of a live yeast has also been shown to help support feed and forage digestibility and maintaining a stable gut flora population during times of stress. The inclusion of these ingredients is especially useful for fussy horses and those prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome.
The inclusion of micronised maize not only helps to support additional palatability but also helps to ensure that muscle glycogen and energy reserve stores are not depleted, thus supporting optimum recovery rates post-exercise, and reducing the onset of early fatigue. This allows performance horses to train, compete and recover throughout the season
COMPETITION-FIT-BALANCER is flavoured with spearmint and natural mint herb to keep tempting the appetites of performance horses that may “back off" the manger and therefore miss out on optimal intakes of quality protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants during the season.
- Soya Flakes
- Pea Flakes
- Maerl (calcareous marine algae)
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Soya Bean Meal
- Soya Oil
- Maize Flakes
- Monocalcium Phosphate
- Dried Sugarbeet Pulp
- Grass (High Temperature Dried)
- Sodium Chloride
- Soya Hulls
- Sunflower Seed Meal
- Mint flavour
|Digestible Energy||14.6 MJ/kg|
|Vitamin A||105,000 iu/kg|
|Vitamin D||17,250 iu/kg|
|Vitamin E||1200 iu/kg|
|Yeast||2.5 x 10^10 CFU/kg|
The feeding rates are offered as a guideline, if you would like to discuss your horse's individual requirements please contact a member of our nutritional team on 01622 718487.
|These feeding rates are intended as a guide only, these recommendations assume a forage intake of at least 1.5% of body weight|
N.B 500kg horse, feed 500g per day. A 20kg bag will feed a 500 kg horse for 40 days. We recommend you add 30g of salt to the feed or ensure free access to a salt lick.
Live yeast and Acid Buf have been incorporated into COMPETITION-FIT-BALANCER as recent feed trials have proven that they have helped to support the optimum environment of the stomach and help manage those horses with compromised digestive function.
COMPETITION-FIT-BALANCER contains Acid Buf, a marine-derived buffering agent, which helps to support optimal acidity levels in the stomach and hindgut for horses on a restricted diet. In the hindgut, it helps to maintain a normal pH to ensure the health of the bacterial population in the large intestine. A study that was carried out by the Royal Agricultural University found that Acid Buf increased VFA (volatile fatty acid) production in the hindgut as well as improving fermentation and maintaining a stable pH for 18 hours after consumption, meaning that this product will also support hindgut health.
Other specialist products
SUPER FIBRE MIX
Find a stockist nearby
Enter your postcode to find your nearest stockist to enquire about this product.
For Information on how to purchase this product, please get in touch with a member of our team.
Keep up-to-date with all of our news & offers. Sign up to our newsletter here