Garlic mineral lick
- All types of horses and ponies at grass
- An aid to insect and fly repellent management
- Balancing mineral deficiencies in pastures and forages
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Low sugar
- Balanced mineral lick
- Garlic flavour
- Enhances salvia production and a trickle feed pattern
- Cost Effective
- Can be used as a treat or reward
- Reduces stable boredom during periods of confinement
- Waterproof for convenient outdoor grazing supplementation.
- Pack size 10KG
Saracen GAR-LICK is a unique vitamin and mineral lick produced to deliver two main benefits to your horse.
- It will provide your horse with a source of key vitamins and minerals that are deficient in modern pastures and forages, which helps ensure that optimum levels of these are maintained in their daily diet
- To provide your horse with a natural defence against insect and fly bites/irritation, reducing the need for external preparations. This is achieved by the addition of pure garlic to the lick
There are numerous examples of the use of garlic as a dietary component to aid fly control in livestock. The exceptional properties of garlic are due to a number of sulphur compounds that are formed during its digestion. These compounds (including ajoene, dithiin and diallyl sulphide) are all highly volatile and, once absorbed, enter the bloodstream and are expelled through pores in the skin and through the lungs. Insects have evolved to avoid such compounds and will therefore avoid plants or animals coated with these garlic derived substances.
- Sodium Chloride
- Wheat Distillers Dark Grains
- Mag Phos
- Calcium Oxide
- Vitamins & Trace Elements
|Vitamin A||50,000 iu/kg|
|Vitamin D||10,000 iu/kg|
|Vitamin E||150 iu/kg|
|These feeding rates are intended as a guide only|
Find a stockist nearby
Enter your postcode to find your nearest stockist to enquire about this product.
For Information on how to purchase this product, please get in touch with a member of our team.
Keep up-to-date with all of our news & offers. Sign up to our newsletter here