PELLETED HIGH OIL RICE BRAN SUPPLEMENT
- Adding concentrated calories to a ration without excessive cereal intake
- Conditioning all types of horses and ponies, particularly "poor-doers", veterans, and horses with limited appetites
- Providing sustained, slow release energy for competition horses
- Preparing horses for the show & sales ring
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Extremely palatable, easy and convenient to use
- Highly digestible and efficiently utilised
- Adds calories to any ration without excessive cereal intake
- Moderate starch levels which will help avoid the behavioural & metabolic problems associated with feeding high cereal diets
- Supplies a highly palatable and digestible form of oil for outstanding coat gloss & skin condition
EQUI-JEWEL® is a highly digestible, pelleted rice bran supplement that is very effective at adding condition and topline. Naturally high in oil, EQUI-JEWEL® is a versatile and concentrated source of energy for horses of all ages and activity levels.
EQUI-JEWEL® is designed to increase the energy density (calories) of a ration helping to maintain condition on '"poor-doers" and provide energy in a slow-release form to horses with elevated demands such as the hard working competiton horse.
Calcium carbonate is added to EQUI-JEWEL® to balance the calcium phosphorous ratio of rice bran.
Benefits to the competiton horse
In addition to EQUI-JEWEL® delivering all the benefits of vegetable oils but in a pelleted form, scientific research has proven its superiority in optimising performance in the athletic horse. During strenuous exercise, horses fed EQUI-JEWEL® had lower lactic acid levels than horses fed corn oil, optimising their stamina. Also, when EQUI-JEWEL was used as a replacement for vegetable oil in the horse's feed, studies have shown the subjects displayed lower heart rates and subsequent shorter recovery periods after strenuous excercise.
The essential fatty acids contained in EQUI-JEWEL® are necessary for healthy coat and skin condition. Horses receiving EQUI-JEWEL® will quickly exhibit stunning coat gloss and bloom. This feature of EQUI-JEWEL® is ideal for show horses, show ponies and horses that are being prepared for public auction as they are scrutinised for coat and body condition. As a result, EQUI-JEWEL® is very popular among professional sales consignors and show horse producers.
Oil is an excellent way of providing additional calories required for improving condition without actually increasing the horse’s meal size. Oil is also a ‘cool’ source of energy and up to a quarter of a pint can be fed per day. However, because of the way in which oil is digested and metabolised it increases the number of free radicals that are produced in the body. Free radicals can damage healthy living cells. To protect the cells from oxidative damage, antioxidants, such as vitamin E, must also be included in the diet.
There are high fat supplements on the feed market today which are pre-supplemented, taking care of the increased requirement for extra vitamin E when feeding diets high in oil such as EQUI-JEWEL®.
The addition of fat supplements to a ration can eliminate the risk of laminitis, colic, diarrhoea and exertional myopathies often associated with excessive concentrate intake and minimal forage intake.