A CEREAL FREE, LOW SUGAR, LOW STARCH PERFORMANCE RATION
Suitable for horses & ponies prone to gastric ulcers
- Horses prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome
- Performance horses intolerant to high-starch/cereal based diets
- Horses of a nervous disposition, to maintain a more even and trainable temperament
- Maintaining a normal muscle function
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Cereal-free, low-starch (8%), low sugar (6%) ration
- 'Super-fibre' inclusion to reduce the reliance on strach to provide energy (calories)
- Highly digestible fibre sources to support a healthy digestive system
- Superior antoxidant levels to assist normal muscle function
- Blackcurrant flavour and optimum levels of a live yeast supplement to help maintain appetite in fussy feeders
RE-LEVE® is a cereal free, low starch (8%) mix specifically designed to replace all cereal based concentrate feed for horses in work that have a nervous disposition or react adversely to high cereal and starch levels.
Highly digestible “Super-fibres” and high oil levels reduce the reliance on starch to provide the energy thus reducing the risk of exaggerating excitable temperaments.The low starch, high fibre and oil levels also make Re-Leve® a suitable product for horses prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome. Elevated levels of antioxidants, Vitamin E and selenium are included to support normal muscle function and recovery.
RE-LEVE® is based on extensive collaborative research carried out by Dr Stephanie Valberg, at the University of Minnesota, and Kentucky Equine Research. It was formulated to provide the equine athlete with the levels of energy required for performance and maintenance of body condition using a variety of alternative energy sources to cereals.
It is recommended that 0.5–1kg of EQUI-JEWEL® (high-fat rice bran) is fed daily alongside RE-LEVE® to boost energy levels, if required.
High levels of antioxidant micronutrients, such as vitamin E and selenium, are included together with daily levels of electrolytes to assist normal muscle function. An electrolyte such as KERx Restore® SR should be fed in addition in most cases and horses should always receive at least 1.5% of their bodyweight as good quality forage.