A CEREAL FREE, LOW SUGAR, LOW STARCH, alfalfa free PERFORMANCE RATION
Suitable for horses & ponies prone to gastric ulcers
RE-LEVE®-Mix is appropriate to support:
- Optimal Muscle Health – Studies conducted by Kentucky Equine Research in partnership with Dr Stephanie Valberg showed at risk horses experienced more muscle damage when fed a high starch diet. A diet of RE-LEVE®-Mix plus 0.5-1.5kg of Equi-Jewel® provides low starch and sugar whilst maintaining performance levels.
- Gastric Health - RE-LEVE®-Mix has been awarded the BETA Assurance Mark for products suitable for horses prone to equine gastric ulcer syndrome.
- Highly Strung or Nervous Temperament- Horses with nervous dispositions often react adversely when they consume high levels of starch. When fed a low starch diet, horses may become more focused and less reactive, improving trainability.
- Optimum Stamina - RE-LEVE®-Mix contains long lasting energy sources suitable for performance horses that engage in endurance exercise.
- Cereal and alfalfa free formulation
- Long lasting blackcurrant flavour for high palatability
- Probiotic yeast for optimum fibre digestion and maintenance of the hindgut
- Full-spectrum of vitamins and chelated minerals for optimal health.
- superior antioxidant protection through natural source vitamin E, selenium and vitamin C
- Contains BMC for normal gastrointestinal and bone health
RE-LEVE®-MIX is a cereal and alfalfa free, low starch (8%), low sugar (6%) mix specifically designed to replace all cereal based concentrate feed for horses in work that have a nervous disposition or react adversely to high cereal and starch levels.
Highly digestible ‘Super-Fibres’ and high oil levels reduce the reliance on starch to provide energy (calories) in the diet. The low starch, high fibre and oil levels also make RE-LEVE®-MIX a suitable product for horses prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome.
The trace element package included in RE-LEVE®-MIX is produced by Kentucky Equine Research and contains chelated minerals, which are more easily absorbed than traditional inorganic minerals. chelated minerals can complement natural stress resistance and help the immune system, whilst improving coat bloom, and skin and hoof quality. High levels of antioxidants, such as a natural source of vitamin E and organic selenium, are included together with daily levels of live yeast to support the maintenance of the hindgut.
An encapsulated blackcurrant flavour is added to Re-Leve® to entice the fussiest of feeders. Encapsulating the flavour means that it is protected and released through the physical process of chewing. Encapsulation is more beneficial than essences and oils as they both tend loose taste and aroma very quickly.
RE-LEVE®-MIX is based on extensive collaborative research carried out by Dr Stephanie Valberg, at the University of Minnesota, and Kentucky Equine Research. It was formulated to provide the equine athlete with the levels of energy required for performance and maintenance of body condition using a variety of alternative energy sources to cereals. It is recommended that 0.5–1kg of EQUI-JEWEL® (high-fat rice bran) is fed daily alongside RE-LEVE®-MIX to boost energy levels if required.
RE-LEVE®-Mix now features BMC, a highly bioavailable source of vitamins and minerals essential for sound skeletal development and gastrointestinal balance. Studies conducted at Kentucky Equine Research demonstrated that BMC®, significantly increases natural bone density in high-performance horses. Furthermore, BMC®, supports the gastrointestinal health of horses, as it buffers excessive acid in the stomach and hindgut.